2018 - June - 04

Things will always solve themselves in the end.

Q Gong passed away around 9pm. It was expected as in the morning, the doctors were fighting to save his life. With him being dead, everyone could stop worrying about who should take him home and Q Gong wouldn't suffer anymore.

I was emotional about the whole thing because I didn't want to fly back but felt like "I should" so I could pay my respect one last time. Although I wasn't close to Q Gong, my heart would always soften when he asked about me. I thought I could lend emotional support to Mum too but it turned out she didn't even need it.

In the end, I didn't fly back for the funeral. Jess was right when she said the best thing I could do was to live my life as usual. In the past, I liked to use dramas that didn't even concern me to escape from life and have mini breakdowns. Now it feels so damn good to live life as usual.

This event triggered my deep longing to go back to Miri. I kept asking myself what the fuck do I think this self-imposed exile will give me. Is it even worth it?


Comments

Popular Posts