The Body Shop Strawberry Products

Strawberry Bath & Shower Gel
A refreshing cleansing gel that lathers up in the bath or shower to leave your skin feeling clean, fresh and subtly scented.

PACKAGING

For bathroom items, I prefer they come with a pump. It's bad enough that your wet, cold and in danger of getting products into your eyes and fumbling around to open a cap just doesn't make it better. Besides, I have a phobia of chipping and breaking my fingernails with unusually hard to open evil caps. Since it's not in a squeeze tube it also means that you have to leave it upside down or wait for ages for the content to come out when it is nearly the end. But the picture of scrumptious strawberries are really nice.

TEXTURE
It's a bit too runny for my liking. While the strawberry scent is there, it smells too artificially sweet. Strawberries aren't even sweet at all. They're sourish. If you don't like the sickeningly sweet smell on you, then avoid this product. The smell tends to linger a bit after you step out of the shower.

LOVING IT OR LEAVING IT?
I don't feel fresh after using Strawberry Bath & Shower Gel. It doesn't feel like I'm lying in a strawberry field more like I am an ice-cream drizzled in those artificial strawberry sauce. Maybe it's because of the humidity and heat. It feels really cloying so will not repurchase since I prefer something that smells fresh. Hate the artificial smell too.

Strawberry Body Polish

Have good, clean fun and smooth skin at the same time thanks to this fragrance foaming gel-based scrub that's gentle enough to use everyday. Dead skin cells are removed in no time, revealing brighter, healthy-looking skin thanks to natural exfoliators. Containing Community Trade organic honey.

PACKAGING
Again, the cap type but in a squeeze tube. Strawberries picture not as nice. Make sure you tip a bit sideways when pouring the contents out. The cap is really fragile. My one nearly snap in half.

TEXTURE
And again, too runny. I like my scrub "compact". Those tiny black bits you see are kiwi seeds. I would say this is not a harsh scrub. The smell is exactly as described for the Strawberry Bath & Shower Gel. It also has crushed walnut shells in it which are more grainy than the kiwi seeds. In fact, I would go as far as to say that Strawberry Body Polish is just Strawberry Shower & Bath Gel with added kiwi seeds and crushed walnut shells.

LOVING IT OR LEAVING IT?
Definitely leaving it. The homemade scrub my mum makes is waaay better than this scrub. Besides, Plue from Beauty Up My Life has found a good dupe for this product from Watson, head over to her blog for more great reads. *thumbs up*

FINAL THOUGHTS...
After trying out these two products, I wouldn't want to try the products from the same line. While I heart eating strawberries, I certainly don't like smelling like one.

Comments

Popular Posts